Thursday, December 7, 2017

Winter Session Oriental Brush Painting Classes

Sign up now for the Winter session in Soft Brush Studio for 6 weeks classes in oriental brush painting. Classes start Jan.3, 2018 Classes are taught by Darlene Kaplan International/National award winning artist and instructor.

www.darlenekaplan.com.  For schedule

Also the registration is open for the August 5 Day workshop.
My art is “food for the soul”. I am an International/national award winning professional artist and instructor in the Northern VA area.  Creating a painting on rice paper using ink and Chinese mineral colors is the ultimate pleasure for me.  The style of art is called oriental brush painting which includes China, Japan, and Korea. Later this style of art moved across Europe then to USA.
I would consider myself a purest that sticks to the traditional methods using powdered permeant mineral colors that I mix with glue and water before grinding to a smooth consistency. The results are a very soft, serene, even a dreamy look that only natural minerals will produce on hand made acid free rice paper.
Some of my paintings will be very simple; showing elegant brush stroke of the grass orchid to the complicated soothing landscapes that your eyes can take a journey up into the mountains and off into the mist before returning home while others will be more complete with a colored background.
Nature is my inspiration. Whatever is blooming at the moment will be the subject that I will paint.  During the fall it will be the beautiful color of autumn leaves. During the winter will be snow on bamboo or pine. Nature always provides.
My goal is to engage you the viewer in a painting.  Lead you into the art so that your eyes can take a journey around and make discoveries.  Maybe it will be a hidden insect or bird?
When all is said and done; all I want to do is create art that is easy to live with and that makes you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment